About Me

My Photo
Scott
Atlanta, GA
Married to the best woman on the planet. Father of three lovely daughters. Worship leader, song writer and marriage blogger by calling. Passionate about exalting the name of Jesus through worship and strong marriages. Electrical Engineer by education and experience, currently a global product manager.
View my complete profile

Subscribe Here!

Subscribe by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow Request (protected)

Follow sbmeans on Twitter

Labels

Check Out My Marriage Blog

  • WE HAVE MOVED!! - *Journey to Surrender is now * *HeavenMadeMarriage.com* ------------------------------ Stay here if you want to search old content. Click on over if ...
    7 years ago


Friday, February 11, 2011

PostHeaderIcon LIFT Worship Leader Conference

I'm a week away from attending the Lift Worship Leader Conference being hosted by Passion City Church in Atlanta.  That's the church plant by the Passion folk: Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman and the like.

I'm stoked!  And for good reason. 

Several years back I was part of a small songwriting conference put on at Northpoint Church (Louie's former church) that included Tomlin and Redman and others.  It was fabulous and inspiring.  Also, it was at this conference that Matt Redman's Facedown album was recorded.  It was an honor to be part of that amazing project - in my opinion, hands down Matt's best yet. 

I say yet, because at Lift, Matt will be recording another live album! I am hoping it will surpass the high water mark of Facedown.  They just sent the registrants a few of Matt's newest songs to listen to so we can get familiar with them ahead of the conference, and though I'm morally obliged not to share them with you, I'll just say that it's going to be close!

It's been quite a few years since I attended a WL conference, and I'm looking forward to whole experience.  There is nothing quite like worshiping with a whole bunch of worship leaders!  Plus I have the honor of attending with my dear sweet beautiful wife. 

I am expecting great things, so be sure to check back here for my post-event report. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

On Earth As in Heaven

Worship and Prayer are two sides of the same coin.

"The four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."
(Revelation 5:8 )

The Harp represents the songs of worship that go on in heaven around the throne of God; day and night it never stops.

The Bowls are full of the prayers of the saints, rising as incense before the throne of God.

It is the harp and the bowl together that give us a picture of the ongoing encounter with God that goes on in heaven.


Let it be on earth as it is in heaven.